Tuesday 15 September 2009

Riding the air waves...

I have just been interviewed on Oldham Today with Gerald Brierley on Oldham Community Radio! Slightly nerve-wracking, but great fun.

I was invited on as Oldham Community Radio are very kindly supporting our Charity Busking Challenge. To celebrate World Hospice and Palliative Care Day on 10th October, Dr. Kershaw's will be holding a talent competition with a difference.

The theme for the international celebrations is 'Discovering Your Voice', so we are aiming to bring the streets of Oldham to life with local talent. Performers will busk at locations around Oldham, raising money for Dr. Kershaw's. The performer who raises the most money will win the chance to perform on Oldham Community Radio.

If you would like to enter, give me a call on 0161 624 9984 or email me at allegra@drkershawshospice.org.uk

Massive thanks to all the very lovely staff at Oldham Community Radio for their support, and for looking after me this morning.

I don't think I have the voice for radio. Anyone who was confused by that broadcast and wondered why Dr. Kershaw's have hired a 6 year-old girl as their Community Fundraiser, I can assure you that I am in fact 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment