Tuesday 27 October 2009

Santa-cise

I am currently in the process of arranging for about 100 Santas to run round a park in December... Not because Santa has been roped into the goverment's Change 4 Life scheme and ordered to get into shape, but for a Santa Run to raise money for the hospice.

First issue is location, which I believe has been solved by a very nice man from the council helping me to get my winter mittened hands on Alexandra Park. Once this is sorted, we can arrange a date and a time.

Next I need marshals, and some nice people to distribute medals, water, mulled wine and mince pies to the weary Santas. I'm also in the process of trying to acquire some mulled wine and mince pies!

Then comes the rallying of the actual Santas... and this is where you lot come in. If anyone fancies running, jogging, or walking very slowly (which is my preferred option!) around a 5k route in Alexandra Park, dressed as a Santa (your very own outfit and medal is included in your registration fee), then please call me on 0161 624 9984 or email allegra@drkershawshospice.org.uk

I'm now also considering something of a mini celebratory party afterwards, with Christmas carols, a raffle, the aforementioned mulled wine and mince pies, and, thanks to comments from a certain someone who shall remain nameless, potentially a 'Claus On All Fours' obstacle course, for those who aren't already sufficiently shattered! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment